Part Number 630-SP-34IN-12
The HEPA filter scanning port has been designed to facilitate the scanning of installed HEPA filters in difficult locations. It is used in conjunction with the L-Scanning Probe, p/n DOP315-L-1000 or its equivalent. The port is installed immediately downstream of the HEPA filter to be tested. The port is designed to seal securely in both positive and negative pressure applications.
For more information, see Fixed Installation Ports & Probes.
It is assumed that the installation of the aerosol scanning port is to a standard duct of 1.5 mm thick sheet steel.
- Electric or powerful battery drill with #2 positive drive screwdriver bits
- 1.5 mm HSS drill bits
- Centre punch
- Tape measure
- Hole saw - 25 to 30 mm
- Tube of mastic with mastic dispenser gun
- Positive drive screwdriver
- Vacuum cleaner
- Marker pen
- Angle grinder (optional for the removal of any excess screw length)
1. Determine the location of the port
The port will be:
- In the center of the filter
- 25 mm to 75 mm from the filter face to be tested
- Have clear access across the filter face at the location for scanning
2. Turn off the air handling unit and make it safe for working. Obtain permits as required.
Note: This installation procedure may be carried out “live” when the port is downstream of the filter to be tested and there are no other filters after the port.
3. Gain access to the port
4. Offer the port up to the selected location and mark the center of the port. Cut out a 25 to 30 mm hole at the location. Take care that the piece cut out is removed from the duct.
5. Locate the sampling port over the hole and mark the four holes for the self-tap screws provided
6. Drill 1.5 mm pilot holes for the self-tap screws for each port
7. Clean duct and flange of dirt and grease
8. Apply mastic to each flange base and secure the flange in position using the provided screws. Wipe off excess mastic.
9. If necessary, remove any excess screw length on the inside of the duct with an angle grinder. This is to avoid injury from sharp objects.
10. IMPORTANT: Vacuum up all swarf/metal shavings to prevent later damage to the filters
11. Fit the screw cap to close off the port
12. Clean duct near the port for the site reference label. Adhere site reference label to the duct.
The installation is complete.