Part Number 630-SP-34IN-12
This HEPA filter scanning port has been designed to facilitate the scanning of installed HEPA filters in difficult locations. It is used in conjunction with the L-Scanning Probe, p/n DOP315-L-1000 or its equivalent. The port is installed immediately downstream of the HEPA filter to be tested. The port is designed to seal securely in both positive and negative pressure applications.
It is assumed that the installation of the aerosol scanning port is to a standard duct of 1.5 mm thick sheet steel.
- Electric or powerful battery drill with #2 positive drive screw driver bits
- 1.5mm HSS drill bits
- Centre punch
- Tape measure
- Hole saw - 25 to 30 mm
- Tube of mastic with mastic dispenser gun
- Positive drive screw driver
- Vacuum cleaner
- Marker pen
- Angle grinder (optional for the removal of any excess screw length)
1. Determine the location of the port.
The port will be:
- In the center of the filter
- 25mm to 75mm from the filter face to be tested
- Have clear access across the filter face at the location for scanning
2. Turn off the air handling unit and make it safe for working. Obtain permits as required.
Note: This installation procedure may be carried out “live” when the port is downstream of the filter to be tested and there are no other filters after the port.
3. Gain access to the port
4. Offer the port up to the selected location and mark the center of the port. Cut out a 25 to 30mm hole at the location. Take care that the piece cut out is removed from the duct.
5. Locate the sampling port over the hole and mark the four holes for the self-tap screws provided.
6. Drill 1.5mm pilot holes for the self-tap screws for each port.
7. Clean duct and flange of dirt and grease.
8. Apply mastic to each flange base and secure the flange in position using the provided screws. Wipe off excess mastic.
9. If necessary, remove any excess screw length on the inside of the duct with an angle grinder. This is to avoid injury from sharp objects.
10. IMPORTANT: Vacuum up all swarf/metal shavings to prevent later damage to the filters.
11. Fit the screw cap to close off the port.
12. Clean duct near the port for the SITE REF. label. Adhere site reference label to the duct.
This completes the installation.
Please sign in to leave a comment.